Best Shampoo For Keratin Treated Hair In India with 30+ Brands, Online Since 2019 🎉
Advantages and Disadvantages of Keratin
- A keratin hair treatment is a time-saver for those who usually style their hair straight. The treatment can shorten the blow-drying time by 40-60 per cent!
- Those with unmanageable hair can say goodbye to frizz and roughness. Hair remains straight, smooth and frizz-free even when the weather gets humid.
- Keratin coats your hair strands and offers protection from sun and environmental damage.
- Keratin helps rebound and strengthen hair, making hair strands resilient to breakage.
- There’s minimal upkeep involved and you get to enjoy luscious soft hair for up to three to six months depending on the treatment you opt for.
- A keratin hair treatment every few months is less damaging than the effect heat styling every day has on your hair.
- In the case of formaldehyde treatments, formaldehyde exposure poses the risk of allergic reactions and respiratory problems. Long-term formaldehyde exposure is also linked to cancer. Note that since formaldehyde is a gas, inhaling it poses the greatest risk. As such, some stylists wear masks during the treatment and have the client wear one too.
- Increased exposure to formaldehyde and over-straightening hair can lead to hair drying out and weakening, causing breakage and hair fall.
- Right after the treatment, hair might appear weirdly straight; get the treatment done a few days before a big event to make the hair appear natural.
- You might miss your hair volume after the treatment as your hair will become sleek and smooth.
- Hair can turn greasy and limp very quickly in the absence of frizz.
- Keratin hair treatments are expensive, especially since they only last for three to six months